Monday, November 23, 2009

I give up...

I find myself sadly staring into the computer screen as this realization comes to me, the realization that some people in this world are beyond logical reason:-) In their minds the ingredients for a good villain are, he has cat and I don't like cats, therefore he makes a good villain, or if you change the spelling of his name to "blackgaurd" it means "scoundrel, implying his intrinsic evilness". I decided to look up the word scoundrel and according to merriam-webster.com it means:
1 obselete: the kitchen servants of a household
2: a rude or unscrupulous person b: a person who uses foul or abusive language
While I didn't find scoundrel as a definition, I assume the commenter was reffering the second definition, hey 1 out of 3 ain't bad. Going to some more of your reasoning, for the argument that Blackgaard's laugh makes him appear evil, I say this, if it embelishes his evilness at all, it is only on a strictly juvenile level. In other words, if your eight then, yeah, his laugh sounds very evil. I do have to say I see the merit to Stan's reasoning that we haven't yet seen enough of Charles to rate him above Blackgaard. This is somewhat logical, and for that I thank Stan. I have come to conclusion after reading your comments that the true basis for most of your votes is, you either grew up during the Blackgaard era, or followed Odyssey more closely during his supremacy. I understand that sentiment is a strong force. Anyway I have decided to stop trying to convince you via our blog of Charles' superiority. I believe my past efforts in vain, but considering the fact that this is merely a poll on THE BLOG, I guess I am getting a little worked up and allowing my competitivness get the best of me. Whether you believe it or not I really do want to hear your opinions on our polls{:~)
-Andrew

6 comments:

  1. Lol I am sorry we have failed you in this area =p Oh and by the way we won the scripture contest in school for November =)

    Oh and by the way having a cat DOES make him more evil....

    ReplyDelete
  2. }:> Evil smiley for Regis Blackgaard.

    =^..^= Sasha the evil cat.

    :O This smiley is shocked that anybody would prefer Bennet Charles over Regis Blackgaard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok pal ur way off the reservation on this one. Mr chucky pie is a cheap two bit scum bag you could find on any street corner. He is a lousy assassin and a terrible strategist. He made so many tactical and strategic errors i lost count. For instance the buffoon managed to botch even the most basic of surveillance jobs by using an unsecured system to stream video of whits end. However while the good Dr. also made mistakes he also had some extremely successful endeavors. Case in point, he assassinated a terrorist in "name not a number" also he acquired a top secret formula with witch he could create an extremely deadly bio weapon. He also managed to fool the NSA and EUSA not to mention he caused an MI6 agent to defect to him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The "commenter" wishes to add that since 1736, "blackguard" also has meant "one of the criminal class," and other definitions are "villain," "morally reprehensible" and "untrustworthy." Regis is all of these things. The two words are phonetically identical. And since we're discussing a radio program, and I think that I had a valid linguistic point even aside from the deep sentiments rooted in my childhood.
    I think you're on to something about our ages. Blackgaard scared me more when I was 10 than Bennet did when I was 20. Now I can at least understand the cause behind my highly illogical decision.
    Hey are you learning any SPANISH down there???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Kristi! you got a little bit passionate there!!! Is this the same Kristi that I know??? :)

    ~Stan G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i disagree with loren all the plots involving blackgaard were so ridicolous that even though his 'strategies' worked that they worked is just ridicolous. and charles has been in only two plot lines so he hasnt had the full time that blackgaard has to as many plots as blackgaard and to get the same pub as blackgaard

    ReplyDelete