Monday, November 2, 2009

Food

Saturday night after the Bible School graduation and one other day (I don't remeber which one) we went to a restaurant called Emilia's. This restaurant is awesome, so if any of you ever go to Argentina you must go there. Their chorizo, proveleta, asado, chimichurri sauce and dulce de leche are culinary delights, that will make your tastebuds stand up and sing! This stuff ranks right up there with Old Chicago's ranch. Loren Joe told me I had to eat empanadas for him. Sis. Sponsler gave us some made by, I know not whom, but they had raisins and I don't know what else in them. They definitely weren't something I want to eat again. However, I hope I will get to try some other empanadas before we leave. There is also an exquisite ice cream shop called Via Flaminia, which is pretty close to our apartment, or whatever it's called. This place features a myriad of various and sundry flavors and rather gargantuan dipped cones, at least a foot high.
-Andrew

4 comments:

  1. Ya dulce de leche is fantastic. I cant believe you didnt like the empanadas! ugh...sigh you must give them another chance. The ice cream sounds good iv never seen such massive cones! Happy authentic eating :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys post more often on a missions trip than I do at home! (Except today, 'cause I had to add an extra post about BatManu.)

    Watch out for the random raisins in whatever food while you're anywhere in Latin America, 'cept Mexico. Don't know what that is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool. Glad you guys are having a SWELL time! LOL And it must be pretty good if it can compare to Old Chicago's ranch! You guys and your ranch. : ) Have fun! Tell the 'rents "Hi"

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last note was from me! LOL Keep forgetting I'm anonymous and have to leave my name...~~~Angela

    ReplyDelete